I first got hooked by PowerShell in 2007 when learning Exchange 2007, Microsoft’s first product to embed the new shell thoroughly into it’s DNA.
PowerShell transformed my relationship with IT operations and consulting and it has provided one of the main catalysts for my career as a consultant and trainer ever since.
I love bringing PowerShell tools to work in my consulting in the areas of Exchange, workflow automation, identity management and migration, Microsoft 365, etc. I enjoy the challenge of complex merger and acquisition migrations and deployments involving multi-tenant and multi-forest or multi-identity store environments.
I have written several PowerShell modules (MIT licensed and shared on GitHub) to aid in my projects and to share with clients and others in the community. I am working now to polish some of these and get them published in the PowerShell Gallery. I am also working to adopt devops principles and practices personally and with/for my clients.
My family and I live near Greenville, South Carolina (4th fastest growing city in the country right now!). When I’m not working I really enjoy participating in the following with my family:
- friendships with others in our local church(es)
- volunteering with our local mountain bike/trails organization: Upstate SORBA
- mountain biking (mostly XC some Trail), the occasional race
- stand up paddleboarding (SUP)
- reading or listenting to books (wide variety of genres)
- road cycling
- playing various XBOX games with my kids
- running (every once in a while . . .)